Console user mount patch and FC3

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 17:35:44 UTC 2004

>This is in reference to RH bug#133941.  It is suggested I take this
>discussion to fedora-devel.  What is keeping this patch out of FC3?

I looked at the code, there is no check that the user is at the console during
umount. The same logic in mount is not followed - if console is given, user is
or'd forcing the user to be given. Umount should see if console given, user
invoking is at console, or in a 1 to fstab_has_user.

/var/run/console presents at least one issue. Minimally, it should be checked
that root owns it and its not world or group writeable.

-Steve Grubb