Re: FC2 kernel quality

fedora leemhuis info (Thorsten Leemhuis) writes:

>> A possible solution would be the creation of a separate subpackage with
>> the kernel-headers. These are to be installed either directly at
>> /lib/modules/.../build, or (preferred) under /usr/src, /usr/share/... or
>> ... and make /lib/modules/.../build a symlink to this place.
> Problem: Users that want to compile kernel modules (Nvidia Drivers...)
> need to install the rpm.

I do not see the problem here. Only few software can be built without
additional packages (you need at least gcc, make, perhaps m4, bison,
...). When the case above would be very common, you can make the
header-package part of the base-system but without requiring it
explicitly. So it can be disabled on minimal installations.

Enrico