FC2 kernel quality

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Sep 30 19:55:01 UTC 2004

On Thursday 30 September 2004 12:49, Jonathan Andrews wrote:
> I only mention this as im on my 10th pass at trying to build a core 1
> kernel, so im not bitter ;-)  What happens to the .configs RH use to
> build the kernel, the supplied ones are decoration and seem to be no
> use at all, or am I missing the point or just a plonker ? Please vote
> now !

I've done this many many times, what wall are you running into?

cd /usr/src/linux-2.4

make mrproper
make menuconfig  (load desired config file from configs/, make any
desired changes, save)
edit Makefile for proper versioning (remove custom perhaps)
make dep
make
etc......

Was I helpful?  Let others know: