FC2 kernel quality

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Sep 30 20:03:38 UTC 2004

Am Donnerstag, den 30.09.2004, 20:49 +0100 schrieb Jonathan Andrews:

> Ahh, so Redhat finally progressed from a kernel the users cant hope to
> build to no kernel at all.

I still think a kernel-sourcecode package at fedora.us / fedora-extras
would be nice to have -- especially if it would be packaged by the
fedora kernel-maintainer directly.

I was thinking to do this myself, but ATM I don't think it's worth the
work/trouble. But it's free to you and everyone else to try this.

> I only mention this as im on my 10th pass at trying to build a core 1
> kernel, so im not bitter ;-)  What happens to the .configs RH use to
> build the kernel, the supplied ones are decoration and seem to be no
> use
> at all, or am I missing the point or just a plonker ? Please vote
> now !

Only had disk-space problems once when I forgot to disable the Debug-
Options...

Cu
thl