gnome-vfs not in Rawhide?

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Wed Apr 6 02:58:44 UTC 2005

seth vidal (skvidal at phy.duke.edu) said:
> > > is gtk+ even being maintained upstream anymore? Seems like a good
> > > candidate for going to extras then, doesn't it?
> >
> > It seems like a good candidate even if it _is_ being maintained
> > upstream, seeing as how Core is down to 2 dep packages.
>
> agreed.

Disagree. The mantra here is 'apps before libraries'.

If the apps stand by themselves as parts of core, the library
deps stand by themselves. If they don't, the libraries don't.

In essence, apps should be moved because of duplication of
functionality/not required functionality. Not because of toolkit
alone.

Otherwise, you'd get into the situation were "we moved this
out because it used gtk1. Now it's ported to gtk2. Let's move
it back!"  Which is just plain weird.

Bill