default media player

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Sat Apr 16 09:40:39 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 08:58 +0200, Adriano Galano wrote:
> Hi:
>
> On 4/15/05, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> > Matthias Saou wrote:
>
> > - last year Red Hat signed an agreement with Real to bundle Helix
> > http://www.realnetworks.com/company/press/releases/2004/real_redhat.html
> >

> The agreement is about Red Hat Desktop (aka RHEL Desktop) nor Fedora.

The point is valid :) it got put in at that time, through the cracks (I
think right before test3), without it being "announced" like other
additions were, while people were trying to keep the disc count down.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but you don't think it's possible
that Real made "be nice to HelixPlayer in Fedora" part of the deal ?
Fedora is still a Red Hat product :)

No one from either Fedora or the community was asking for helixplayer to
be put in FC.  So who asked for it ?

Thomas

I got your phone number baby
Call you sometime