prism54 not loading firmware...

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Apr 21 23:15:38 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 16:09 -0700, Per Bjornsson wrote:
> Have you used this device before? If you haven't, are you sure that it
> isn't one of the newer "softmac" cards, for which there is no
> functional
> Linux driver yet? (lack of specs - it's really unfortunate that the
> previously most Linux-friendly wireless manufacturer sold out to
> Connexant...)

Well I saw the firmware load exactly once.  I really don't know if it's
a softmac one, here is LSPCI -v of it:

00:05.0 Network controller: Intersil Corporation Intersil ISL3890 [Prism
GT/Prism Duette] (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Intersil Corporation: Unknown device 0000
        Memory at 20000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 1

Was I helpful?  Let others know: