Proper way to autoload modules (/etc/rc.modules)?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Apr 5 11:51:33 UTC 2005

On Lun 4 avril 2005 10:27, Axel Thimm a écrit :
> On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 09:12:58AM +0300, Mircea MITU wrote:
>> On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 21:27 -0700, Pete Zaitcev wrote:

>> > I am not aware of a reason to want that aside from the special
>> exception
>> > of USB (which should be built into kernels, really). Do you have an
>> > example in mind?
>>
>> lm_sensors and lirc* modules
>
> Both projects take care of this with init.d scripts.

btw the lm_sensors init script sort off fails on my hardware - I have some
settings that needs to be loaded via sensors -s but it seems this part is
not always executed at the right time to work (ie the kernel is not ready
to accept it when the script calls it)

Just an aside, I'll do a formal bug report whenever I find the time

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot