cyrus-imapd (Was Re: Removed packages

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Apr 5 18:14:00 UTC 2005

> and a damn sight feature-less. How about having multiple domains users
> in a database rather than system users? Oh, this is enterprise and
> fedora isn't about enterprise.
>
> Why isn't the default cyrus config setup so it works with system users
> like dovecot does? This way there won't be any setup for regular users
> and dovecot wouldn't be needed.

b/c cyrus can only store files in cyrus's format and not in a plain mbox
file. So using it w/o special configuration is hard.

oh and dovecot can auth to postgres and mysql.

> Anyway, with the yet-another-xml-library-added-without-discussion-
> needed-by-one-app, we can store the users now in an xml file :-(

so what should we do? An upstream application adds a library dependency,
should fedora drop the app?

Is that how it should be done?
-sv