rawhide report: 20050405 changes

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 20:31:40 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 15:52 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 14:38 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > But I'm the upstream maintainer of yum. So are you saying that upstream
> > maintainers should base their library selection on what's available in
> > fedora? Yum's not just used on fedora core.
> >
> > I don't think that makes all that much sense.
>
> No, but libxml2 is available on all platforms that yum runs on.

For an upstream maintainer, that's not the only thing to consider.  "Any
choice on all target platforms" does not equal "the best choice".

In any case, it _would_ be good for somebody who's used it to file some
bugs on libxml2's python interface.  If it's driving people to use
expat-based modules for speed and usability reasons, then it needs work,
and there's no better way to tell Daniel that than to file specific
bugs.

--
        Peter