gnome-vfs not in Rawhide?

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Thu Apr 7 15:26:46 UTC 2005

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 06:28:15 -0700, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> The question is what kind of error messages do you get
> from the loki installers if gtk1 is not installed on
> the system already.

Good question! Some of them are statically linked with GTK 1.2, I think
it's a build time configuration option. I just renamed my copy and ran one
Loki Setup, this is what I got:

Gtk-WARNING **: libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Gdk-WARNING **: Missing charsets in FontSet creation
[other stuff that's probably unrelated snipped]

But the GUI appeared anyway. So I'm not sure what it's doing - trying to
use the systems copy and otherwise falling back to a builtin one?

Then I tried another, for the game "Dark Horizons Lore" and it didn't show
the GTK UI, but it still "worked" in that it fell back to an ncurses based
install.

This was the error:
/root/.setup4665: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-1.2.so.0:

Text based installers for games are from the DOS era though. I don't think
that should be counted as working.