gnome-vfs not in Rawhide?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Apr 7 15:52:19 UTC 2005

Once upon a time, John Thacker <thacker at math.cornell.edu> said:
> I'm biased; my feelings for some time have been "Die, XMMS, Die!"  I like
> their playlist-based approach much better than Rhythmbox, but their
> refusal to move away from gtk+ is frustrating.  I get along perfectly
> well without gtk+, and don't like installing it for just one program.

Users don't care about the libraries though; it's all about the apps.

Maybe I've just missed something, but the times I tried I didn't see a
quick and easy way to just open a random sound file and play it in
Rhythmbox.  I guess I'll look again, or I'll just install xmms (and
whatever it requires) from FE.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>