CVS - kernel config files, where are they?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Mon Apr 11 02:01:35 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 17:49 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 12:04:09PM +0000, Nick Smith wrote:
>  > On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 19:20:12 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
>  > > > 2) Could you possibly dump the contents of any other missing
>  > >subdirectories
>  > > > needed to successfully complete a make (eg scripts/merge.pl)?
>  > >
>  > >Done. Both moved to http://people.redhat.com/davej/rawhide/
>  > >
>  >
>  > OK rock-n-roll it works now :)
>  >
>  > Minor issue - from kernel/devel/Makefile:
>  >
>  > # local targets we need to carry around in addition to the default sources
>  > TARGETS         = configs download
>  >
>  > There does not seem to be a "download" target defined anywhere, leading to:
>  > make: *** No rule to make target `download', needed by `sources'.  Stop.
>  >
>  > I removed the download target reference from Makefile, and everything
>  > worked like a champ. Is this something old which needs cleaning up, or
>  > could it be something to do with a difference between internal and external
>  > versions of Makefile.common
>
> That I think comes from the Makefile in ../common

Well, it's supposed to.  I mentioned this back in December[1], and you
told me it was in ../common then too.  It's not.  That's the problem.

IIRC, it's defined in the internal CVS version, but not in the public.
Nasrat helped figure that out.  I haven't tried to do a CVS kernel
compile lately, but I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed yet.

josh

[1] Starting with this thread: https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-
devel-list/2004-December/msg00806.html