gnome-vfs not in Rawhide?

Mon Apr 11 18:03:28 UTC 2005

Le lundi 11 avril 2005 à 11:54 -0400, Paul A. Houle a écrit :

> 	The 2.6 kernel team is doing big things,  often really good things.  Will
> those things introduce subtle breakages involving Java threads?  Quite
> likely.  Is it really fair to Sun and IBM to expect their engineers to
> solve problems immediately because some kernel developer had a 'good' idea
> they wanted to try out?

Well, the other language people seem to manage it.
And actually the elapsed time between a change appearing on kernel.org
and the same change getting in RHEL is large enough to expect things
(J2EE) work on RHEL from day one, and less demanding stuff (J2SE)
likewise in FC.

Of course that requires worrying about the change when it starts being
proposed on lkml, not when the RHEL release is out.

Linux development is public, don't tell me vendors haven't got loads of
time to adapt. No one is springing secret apis on them here.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot