php5 with sqlite

Joe Orton jorton at redhat.com
Wed Apr 13 14:35:11 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 05:15:22PM +0400, Leonid Novikov wrote:
> It is possible to build php with sqlite support?
>
> I have successfully worked servers on FC3 with PHP4+sqlite (from DAG repo),
> and now sqlite officially in Core.

The PHP 5.0 sqlite extension only works with sqlite2; we're shipping
sqlite3 in FC4, and I don't want to maintain the bundled copy of sqlite2
in PHP which is doubtless missing e.g. all the 64-bit fixes between
sqlite2 and 3.  Since there's an sqlite2 in Extras it makes sense to
leave php-sqlite to Extras, too.

Regards,

joe