pam-0.79-5 errors

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 13:02:02 UTC 2005

>I have the same problems with pam and have disabled auditing support
>in my self-compiled kernel (2.6.12-rc2).

Pam 0.79-5 expects the audit system to be compiled in. You can compile pam 0.79-5
without audit-libs-devel and it will work like it used to.

>What is auditing support good for, anyway?

For those interested, it gives more information about who's accessing what. You
have to setup some rules for that. But if you leave the audit system disabled
(but compiled in) you won't notice anything different.

-Steve