removing eog from core

Steven Garrity stevelist at silverorange.com
Mon Apr 18 22:21:20 UTC 2005

Marius Andreiana wrote:
> Anyway, eog is only 600k. It doesn't worth discussing/arguing about it.
> If some people want it, let it be and let's move to next :-)

Good point. However, it's not just a matter of disk space. It also means
one more item in the "Graphics" menu - which is a bigger deal.

For what it's worth, I do think a *really* quick/simple image viewer
makes sense to have separate from a more powerful (read: slower to
start-up) image/photo browser.

It would be cool if gThumb defaulted to a simpler (just the image) view
when opened with only one image - in that case, it would eliminate the
need for eog.

Steven Garrity