VMWare

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Wed Apr 20 13:20:06 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 19 April 2005 22:59, Greg Martyn wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck installing VMWare under FC4-Test2?
>
> If this is the wrong mailing list for this question, please point me in the
> right direction.

I have installed the vmware-workstation 5 last RC (have not gotten the
official 5 yet), updated it with "update90", and then ran it successfully on
a x86_64 (Opteron) FC4T2 system.

It would be "nice" if the vmware "notes" in the FC3 RELEASE-NOTES were also
included in FC4 (hint, hint) since you still need to copy (cp -rp)
the /dev/vm* files to /etc/udev/devices so they will exist of reboots
(wotherwise you will need to rerun vmware-config.pl every time you reboot.  I
have not tried 4.5.2 so I do not know if it will work.
--
Gene