VMWare

David Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Wed Apr 20 12:36:56 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 22:59 -0400, Greg Martyn wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck installing VMWare under FC4-Test2?
>
> If this is the wrong mailing list for this question, please point me in the right direction.
>
> Thanks,
> Greg Martyn

Get the vmware module patches from:
http://platan.vc.cvut.cz/ftp/pub/vmware/vmware-any-any-update90.tar.gz

Unpack, run the runme.pl script to update the VM environment.   Now with
the recent changes to glibc and linuxthreads, it seems that running
vmware with:
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.20 LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib/obsolete/linuxthreads
vmware

should do the trick.  Does for me anyway with VMware WS5, kernel
2.6.11-1.1240 and glibc 2.3.5-1

--
David Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>