udev errors during boot under rawhide

Thomas J. Baker tjb at unh.edu
Fri Apr 22 15:26:16 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 11:06 -0400, James Morris wrote:
> I'm seeing the folliwng during boot with current rawhide:
>
> Red Hat nash version 4.2.8 starting
> Mounted /proc filesystem
> Mounting sysfs
> Creating /dev
> Starting udev
> ERROR: /sbin/udevstart exited abnormally! (pid 393)
> isa0060/serio0
> ERROR: /sbin/udevstart exited abnormally! (pid 410)
>

> Things seem to be working ok, although I'm wondering what's really going
> on here as there are udev related problems currently when SELinux is
> enabled.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> - James
> --
> James Morris
> <jmorris at redhat.com>

I've seen this too and I'm having problems with my lvm partitions not
being seen so the boot fails. Bug is #155594. The lvm problem is only
happening on my laptop. My test desktop is SCSI based and has no
problems. The two issues may be completely unrelated though.

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb at unh.edu    |