java-1.4.2-gcj-compat uninstalls sun jre

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Apr 25 13:31:57 UTC 2005

On Lun 25 avril 2005 14:57, seth vidal a écrit :

>> Basically you have two (ok more than two) packages that serve the same
>> purpose (functionnaly the same, very different sets of bugs). Their
>> specs
>> provide the same virtuals so people can chose the one they prefer (and
>> they are parallel installable)
>>
>> On update of one of them yum removes the others.
>>

> For more backstory: is there an obsolete in place for any of these?

>From memory no.
You have the spec we use for the Sun jvm here :
http://www.jpackage.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/jpackage/rpms/non-free/java-1.4.2-sun/java-1.4.2-sun.spec?rev=1.1.2.21&only_with_tag=JPACKAGE_UTILS_1_5&view=markup

All the others VMs including the gcj compat package should follow more or
less the same tempate (not too sure about the gcj part though)

--
Nicolas Mailhot