GDM early login

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Tue Apr 26 13:16:18 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 11:10 +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:

> Last question : Will this early-login be considered to become the default
> for FC4?

I hope so - I've been using it for awhile and its really nice.
I have noticed though that sometimes if you kill the X server (via
killall X), you can not log back in. Sometimes it works though and you
can log back in.

Logging in a console of course works, it's just gdm login that sometimes
doesn't.

I'll play with it some more and see if I can pin down what the issue is
so I can file a report.