3w-9xxx module version in FC4

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Fri Apr 29 15:18:58 UTC 2005

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 at 10:14am, jkeating at j2solutions.net wrote

> useful for.  The '9.2' release does have significant performance
> increases (firmware and driver need to be updated) but I don't think

Err, really?  I saw exactly the opposite.  Now, this was on centos 4, but
these numbers are for a software RAID0 across 2 9500-12 cards in 11 disk
RAID5 mode.  I'd also done 'blockdev --setra 16384' on both 3ware
devices, and this is with a kernel modified to include XFS:

9.1.5.2 firmware and stock centos 4 driver (tiobench, units are MB/s):
Read, 1 thread: 428.8
Read, 2 thread: 586.7
Read, 4 thread: 541.5
Read, 8 thread: 462.9