include talkback in Firefox?

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Tue Aug 2 15:15:25 UTC 2005

On 08/02/2005 02:09 AM, Nicu Buculei wrote:

> Christopher Aillon wrote:
>
>> Florin Andrei wrote:
>>
>>> Because talkback is not enabled in FC4's Firefox, I couldn't provide
>>> useful info to the developers.
>>>

>> Also, there's a feature in Firefox which lets you save an entire
>> webpage including images and other external objects.  In fact, it is
>> the default behavior when you save a webpage.  Next time, just save
>> it and attach it.  The crash should be reproducible that way.
>

> AFAIK, Mozilla save the page in the form is rendered, not exactly as
> it is on the server (there are some differences, for example in the
> case of broken HTML)

It should be saving it exactly as it came in on the wire.  If not, then
something broke somewhere, and you should probably file a bug.

> Anyway, if Firefox crash before finishing loading the page is not
> possible to save it from inside of Firefox, a better option is to
> download the page with something like wget.

Sure.  One can generally find another build which doesn't crash (or
temporarily, another browser which doesn't crash -- I've resorted on
occasion to using Konqueror and friends to get web "snapshots" when all
else failed).