KDE RedHat project

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu Aug 18 10:15:12 UTC 2005

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:15:45 +1000, Rodd Clarkson wrote:

> > AFAIK, Livna has a nice (xine-lib'd) kdemultimedia-extras package already.
>
> It was my impression that KDE was going to be moving over to using
> gstreamer soon.  Wouldn't this end up replacing xine-lib?

What does it matter? For current FC4, the used KDE version uses a libxine
based arts plugin, and the kdemultimedia-extras package from Livna
provides that in order to enhance FC4 KDE video players.

If a future KDE version changes to a different multimedia backend, well,
then hopefully the gstreamer-plugins-extras-nonfree package (or whatever
it will be called) will be ready by that time.