Suspend2

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Tue Aug 23 23:43:01 UTC 2005

Bojan Smojver wrote:

> Quoting Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com>:
>
>> I am pretty sure when it hits mainline kernel, it will be included in
>> the development tree.
>

> I'm sure that'll be the case. However, I wanted to do a bit of
> preemptive testing and bug fixing here, given the popularity of FC. I'm
> guessing this functionality is compiled out in current FC kernels due to
> bugs in mainline suspend code, so suspend2 could fill that hole. I hope
> I'm not the only person running FC on a notebook...

Note that some work has gone into enabling the current mainline suspend
code to work properly in the recent rawhide kernels.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-August/msg00143.html
So you can test it out on your notebook and see if you can be happy with
that.

The -mm kernel as I am sure you are already aware is a soft development
tree for the current 2.6.x kernels.  Patches that ends in there has a
reasonable oppurtunity of hitting mainline soon but also has  a chance
of being pulled out if it turns out to be sour . So I would wait till it
reaches mainline and then rawhide before jumping up in excitement to
test it

regards
Rahul