rawhide report: 20050810 changes

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Aug 11 17:26:56 UTC 2005

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 01:14:36PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 05:19:11AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>  >   Hum, I didn't expect to push more gamin updates to FC3, for FC3 my
>  > main goal was to fix the last perceived desktop bugs related to
>  > dnotify/gamin.
>
> Well, you don't *have* to push an update for FC3 even if inotify does
> end up in the kernel there. dnotify will continue to work as it always did.

  Sure dnotify will still work, but gamin is compiled with inotify support
by default even in FC3 so as soon as an inotify kernel ils pushed the
inotify back-end will be used (assuming people who updated their kernel
package also updated their gamin package with the final updates).
  I just hope the guinea p^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hbrave people who test inotify
on other distros had actually found the main bugs by last month. I expect
so, an inotify based solution really can't be worse than a dnotify based
one :-)

Daniel