Kernel/iptables conflict

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sat Aug 13 17:36:37 UTC 2005

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 05:15:31PM +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
 > During yum update i have a conflict "kernel conflicts with iptables <
 > 1.3.2-1", preventing me from updating the kernel. Has anybody else seen
 > this?

The latest iptables in rawhide is 1.3.2-1, I don't see the problem?
If you're trying to use this kernel on an older release, you'll need
to pull in a bunch of userspace updates too. Ok, The iptables dependancy
isn't that big a deal, but things like mkinitrd, initscripts, possibly
pcmciautils, udev and a bunch of other things will need changes.

 > I would very much like to test a new kernel, since the last one to
 > install have no working ACPI suspend (older ones do), in order to test
 > if it was only a build mistake etc.

You mean suspend to ram?  I've not heard of that breaking recently.

		Dave