tomorrows rawhide kernel.

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sat Aug 13 23:06:29 UTC 2005

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 03:19:01PM -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
 > Would this kernel be expected to work on an update FC4 environment (current
 > FC4 but no devel)?  My Compaq r3000z has never suspended, and I'd like to
 > see if this would do the trick.
 >
 > If it works, will this be pushed to FC4? (please?)

Its very likely this will require a lot of fixing up of various
drivers.  I'm not going to spend the effort doing that for older
kernels, so its doubtful this will end up in FC3/4. Pushing
newer kernels to older releases causes lots of headaches as it
always seems to need more and more updates for various bits of
userspace.  Finally, judging by the early reports, its nowhere
near stable enough for a release kernel yet. Given that we're at
least six months away from FC5 release, there's quite a bit of
time to beat it into shape for at least the more common hardware
out there.

		Dave