/etc/sysconfig/harddisks deprecated?

Bill Rugolsky Jr. brugolsky at telemetry-investments.com
Tue Aug 16 15:30:13 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 11:12:40AM -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 08:16 +0100, Dariusz J. Garbowski wrote:
> > What about those who do not use Gnome? Or even KDE for that matter (say
> > they use IceWM instead)? Will it work for them?
>
> gnome-power-manager uses the freedesktop.org standard for notification
> icons so it'll work in any desktop environment that implements a
> container for these. Examples are XFCE, GNOME and KDE. It's not much
> different from e.g. NetworkManager...

Please, not like NetworkManager ... the idea of logging in to get the network
dynamically configured is *repugnant*.  Goodbye real multiuser timesharing
system, hello Windows 95.

When I turn on my laptop or Zaurus at home or work, I want to just SSH into it,
not play around with logins.

It seems that this might be addressed eventually -- as an afterthought. :-(

    Bill Rugolsky