KDE RedHat project

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Wed Aug 17 20:37:06 UTC 2005

Hi

> Unfortunately, most of these enhancements require a *replacement*
> package, ie, a new arts, kdepim, kdelibs, kdebase, etc, which neither
> Extras or Livna can (or wants to) do (for good reason).

Does that mean that  enhancements to proprietary components cannot be
refactored into sub packages and requires whole scale replacement of the
entire KDE set as the kde-redhat project does?.  Pardon my ignorance
here but that seems pretty unreasonable to me. If thats true then
continuing that project seems the only way to provide the functionality.
If there are other improvements that can be made in the Fedora KDE
packages without introducing proprietary components or would help in
refactoring these components into a independant repository, do feel free
to report them

regards
Rahul