Wiki problem in Internet Explorer

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Fri Aug 19 23:24:38 UTC 2005

While trying to get the FrontPage of the wiki looking a little better, I
decided to give it a try in Internet Explorer.  What I saw I didn't
like.  At first, I thought I had done something that IE didn't like, but
after investigation (including a bunch of trivial changes) I have
determined that the problem more likely lies in the CSS for the default
theme.

The problem in IE is that some objects such as tables and textareas have
a large amount of whitespace above them.  I haven't checked many
versions of Internet Explorer, but the most recent versions are affected.

I would like to advise that the CSS for rightsidebarsmaller (and perhaps
others) needs to be checked into.  Although most of the visits to
fedoraproject.org are probably from Linux viewers, we are also trying to
show Windows users to the light.  We will have visitors using Internet
Explorer, and should try to make sure things look right.

Another option would be to set the default theme to sinorca4moin, which
does not exhibit the problem.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com