GDM Login Failure

Thu Aug 25 12:55:25 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 14:43 +0200, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 08:40:00AM -0400, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
> > For the last couple of days, gdm login fails with "Cannot start the
> > session due to some internal error." It fails with any session. I search
> > bugzilla but didn't find any recent bugs like this. Is it just me?
>
> No, I am seeing this, too.

same here, but after a fixfiles relabel it seems to have gone away. I
installed a older version of GDM when those problems with early login
started, so i dunno if it really is a general thing of something i
broke, but the log files have the following entry;

Aug 23 21:24:58 xpc setfiles: relabeling /usr/sbin/gdm-binary from
system_u:object_r:sbin_t to system_u:object_r:xdm_exec_t

- Erwin