Upgrade between FC5 test releases.

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Dec 7 14:44:32 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 16:01 +0200, Gilboa Davara wrote:

> Stupid question:
> Will it be possible to upgrade between different FC5 test releases using
> yum/anaconda/DVD/what-ever?
> Having to reinstall and reconfigure everything with each test release
> (including the official FC5) puts a big dent into my (and I assume
> other's) ability to contribute to the FC's pre-release bug hunting.

It is not supported nor recommended.  Test releases are not designed to
upgrade to anything, and any bug arising out of such actions aren't
really going to be looked at to be fixed.  If anything, upgrades from
various FC4 states to the latest FC5 test release should be tested.
This will help the developers understand exactly what they need to do
for this supported upgrade path.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: