Royalty free gstreamer plug-in

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Tue Dec 27 14:25:54 UTC 2005

Jeff Pitman wrote:

>On 12/27/05, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>>What exactly is your
>>solution that you are suggesting?
>>

>If Redhat is unwilling to signup to Fluendo's free-of-charge, open
>source, but not entirely free software deal, that's understandable. At
>least provide explicit instructions on how to get MP3 bootstrapped so
>as to attract and retain new users.

This is a potential solution but one that requires careful thought.

> Instead of some vague FAQ in the
>About page of Fedora. Maybe put in a yum.repos.d config commented out
>that would allow easy installation with a disclaimer comment. You
>know, user-oriented stuff.

How do you know about the legal implications of this?. Does it suit the
project goals?. Like I said before halting the discussion now and taking
it to the legal team would be the right solution. Be patient before
putting in references to SCO which isnt the same thing at all.

--
Rahul

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/