FC5 and Yum Plugins

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Sat Dec 31 15:43:16 UTC 2005

On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 04:20:25PM +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:

> > I dont have any handy now but ask anyone who hangs out in #fedora for
> > more than a week for the horror stories.
>
> Objection, your honor, hear-say.

Well, you do not really make the case that replacing core packages with third
party ones makes tracking down bugs for FC/FE any easier, do you?

I think that if this extension is made part of core it should, by default, be
on. Just because all sensible security measures should default to on. And
I do consider protection against core package replacement a security measure.
If people want that, they ought to have to make that active decision and have
to flip the switch in order to do so.

And, btw, this has nothing at all to do with the quality of the atrpms
packages.