status of up2date and rhn-applet

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Dec 1 11:59:31 UTC 2005

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 12:52:46PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> >[...]
> > The "ATrpms replaces packages!!!" is an old, but effective FUD
> > mechanism to scare users off using ATrpms.
>
> Does that mean that you don't replace packages from core anymore? I
> tried some month ago the last time and several packages from atrpms
> replaced packages from core then.

Let me rephrase: "The statement made by some repo maintainers in the
past that other repos replacing packages is a bad thing and
destabilizes your system is a marketing argument to create a USP for
themselves when they decided to change their policy and stop replacing
packages."

But that was clear from the trimmed context.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net