udev slowness and selinux

There has been some discussion on fedora-selinux-list about udev being slowed by selinux. One of the comments about the slowest is the number of nodes in /dev. Decrease the number of nodes in /dev and booting would be faster. I checked my /dev directory and I think I have found some nodes that are redundant. I have 32 ttySXX nodes in /dev. Please correct me if I am wrong but ttyS is usually used for serial ports. On my system I have two serial ports, both of which are disabled in the bios. I removed my modem when I switched to DSL, so shouldn't there be 0 ttyS nodes? There are 64 ttyXX nodes. Aren't these the virtual terminals I use to login locally? If so shouldn't there only be 7 (Ctrl-F1 through Ctrl-F7)?

The selinux-list group is looking into the issue, but I thought maybe until a fix is available this is something that could be looked into. I could be wrong and all of these nodes could be needed, but is so what are they used for?

Thanks,
Jason