Re: Rhythmbox with iPod support

On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 20:23 -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 00:17 -0400, Jean-Rene Cormier wrote:
> >
> > I was just wondering if Rhythmbox is gonna have support for iPod in FC5?
> > I just compiled the Rhythmbox SRPMS from rawhide under FC4 and I needed
> > libgpod which is not in rawhide so I'm assuming support for iPod in
> > Rhythmbox won't be in FC5. Is there any reason preventing the inclusion
> > of libgpod in FC? If not I think it would be nice to have it included to
> > get iPod support in Rhythmbox out of the box ;)
> >

> Could it be a plugin in extras?

I haven't seen any options to make a plugin for the different sources
and libgpod is linked to the rhythmbox binary so I don't think a
separate plugin in extras would be possible. I know that people want a
smaller FC but libgpod isn't that big and it would add more
functionality to something that's already in FC.

--
Jean-Rene Cormier <jrc jrcormier com>