Re: yum plugin suggestion or yum change?

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 11:29:04AM +0100, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
> That would possibly solve some issues, but i think a better way would be
> something like testing dependencies for each package and ONLY adding it
> to the transaction list if dependencies can be resolved (slightly
> simplified description of course).

Rather, remove the offending package(s) from the transaction, try again.

This idea has been discussed before, and as I understand it, rejected
because partial success is often interpretted as "well, that worked",
leaving the problem-package ignored.

But hey, write a plugin and see what happens!