Re: HTTP Load balancer

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 12:51 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> I understand that Apache 2.2 might make it into FC5 (Its currently in
> test 1).  I was wondering if there were any plans beyond that to include
> an HTTP based load balancer?  Perhaps a TCP based balancer?

yum install ipvsadm

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

Gives you IP load balancing.  If you want to get something at Layer 5-7
or so, you might need to use Apache in a reverse proxy type of role or
so.  There are probably some other things out there as well to handle
that level of sophistication.  But IPVS is in the box.

--
David Hollis <dhollis davehollis com>