Yum bug?

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Dec 6 02:48:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 17:00 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 12/5/05, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <d.jacobfeuerborn at conversis.de> wrote:
> > Not sure if I should file a bug or if I'm doing something wrong on my end?
>
> bug already reported to the lists repeatedly, and reported in bugzilla
> and  the fix should be in rawhide "soon" since the fc4 test update
> that fixes this already exists.
>
> work-around for now  remove all the files named "cachecookie"  in your
> /var/cache/yum tree
> or wait 8 hours for the cookies to expire.

jef,

I know you're trying to help (and your help is appreciated), but at this
point, it's probably better to just respond to these messages with
'solution already discussed' and 'search the archives'.

This forces the individual asking the question to learn how to search
the archives, rather than just asking.

Personally, I'm sick of the number of times this question has been
asked.  Seriously fed up.  I'm a patient person, and I don't mind a
little repetition, but in this case the solution exists in a number of
emails both on test-list and devel-list and the problem is related to
the basic update mechanism for fedora - yum, so in my opinion, this is
something that everyone on the list should just read.  Yum is (like it
or not) core funcationality for fedora, so if you're not paying
attention to what's happening to yum, or kernels, or the likes then you
don't get to ask the same question for the 20th time.

Sorry if this is a little harsh, but we're about to get back into test
releases which means having people ask the same questions over and over
and over (etc) because it's easier than actually reading the list they
are subscribed to, or searching the archives.

R.

 It's much better on my side"