Re: Fedora development switch to GCC 4.1.0-RH prerelease

Jakub Jelinek wrote:
Hi!

Some time between today and tomorrow we plan to switch Fedora development
primary compiler from GCC 4.0.2-RH to 4.1.0-RH prerelease.
We hope GCC 4.1.0 will be officially released in time for the
Fedora Core 5 release, but if we want to switch, we need to do it now
so that the compiler and packages built with it are sufficiently tested.

Cool,

Do anyone have an idea if gcc4.1 is going to affect Fedora overall performance at all or in either good/bad ways?

/Thomas