yum clean bug

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Fri Dec 9 08:26:45 UTC 2005

HI

>Well, for the record, I disagree.  Is there really any reason for disabling,
>except that the repo doesn't play nicely with others, so that I don't want
>it enabled by default?  If so, why would I run clean all, and not want to
>clean it?

Repositories are disabled for several different reasons. For example if
I am using a set of 5 repositories which are perfectly compatible with
each other but the large majority of packages are in 2 of these
repositories then it makes sense to enable them on demand rather than
slow down yum repository checking everytime. I could have configured
custom repositories I rarely use. Its not safe to assume that the user
doesnt care about disable repositories at all.

regards
Rahul