gstreamer 0.10

David Andersson andda347 at student.liu.se
Fri Dec 9 12:52:58 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 22:59 -0500, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> If a significant portion
> of core apps start depending on 0.10 then we can pull it in.
Totem and rhythmbox have got ports to 0.10 and will most definitely be
ready when Gnome 2.14 is released. I know there are patches floating
around for Amarok but i'm haven't heard when they plan to officially
support it.

I also think it would be very good to have 'cause it's a major leap in
terms of videoperformance (and audio too, the Rhythmbox port is quit a
bit faster then the 0.8 version) also next gen programs like Diva (I
know you will not ship it, but 3rd party reps.) will require it.

Getting it into rawhide sooner than later could also mean great feedback
to the developers.