Re: Broken video drivers in new modular X

Erwin Rol wrote:
On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 13:41 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
Erwin Rol wrote:
The radeon driver is still broken, and only works without acceleration
(anything else causes hard lockup of the whole machine).
Will Xorg 7.0.0R3 be available for rawhide ?

Erm, my radeon 9250 works fine for me. Including DRI ppracer, this is on x86_64

But the Radeon 9250 is a RV280 chip and not a RV370 one, I think that's
why yours works and mine doesn't.

I'm running the radeon driver on a Radeon 9500pro (R300) and I don't see any crashes but the performance went downhill quite dramatically about a week or two after the modular release in rawhide. I'm not sure what the cause of this is but profiling shows that the system spends a lot of time in the function "fbCopyAreammx" which looks a bit odd to me. Right after the modular release in rawhide things worked extremely well though and modular-x + Composite (without shadows and/or translucency though) worked just as smooth as any WindowsXP desktop out there. That's no longer the case right now.

Regards,
  Dennis