yum clean bug

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Fri Dec 9 16:46:04 UTC 2005

On Thursday 08 December 2005 16:59, seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 23:51 +0200, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> > >
> > > So for completeness what your saying is that you think
> > > yum clean packages   should clean all packages from all enabled and
> > > disabled repos by default?
> > >
> > > and yum clean headers  should clean all headers from all enabled and
> > > disabled repos by default?
> >
> > Well, I actually think it should.
>
> Seriously? That seems completely backward to me.

I guess to most of us it seems that the intuitive (expected) action is that
"clean headers" would clean ALL headers regardless of repository status and
similarly "clean all" would clean up everything.

One question, would
    yum  --enablerepo='*' clean all
clean up everything?

If the above would work, then I believe this would meet our needs.  However,
the man page should be updated to add this info and be clearer that only
enabled repos are process by "yum clean".

--
Gene