yum clean bug

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Fri Dec 9 17:01:25 UTC 2005

On Friday 09 December 2005 09:06, seth vidal wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 04:37 -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 07:10:53PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > > CLOSED->WONTFIX
> > >
> > > we will NOT be doing this. Here ends the discussion.
> >
> > Don't you mean
> >
> > CLOSED->GO FORK
>
> If someone wants to fork over this then there are some excellent mental
> health professionals they should be talking with. :)

No, we (or at least I) do NOT want to fork this and we do appreciate your
efforts.

However, we do need to understand how yum works and how to get it to do want
we need done.  When it operates in a non-intuitive manner, we ask questions.
The man-page documentation implies (to us) a way of operation that is
different from how yum actually works.  OK, fine.  Change the doc to reflect
how it works.  If we need to do
     yum --enablerepo='*' clean all
then fine ... just document that is how we need to do things.

--
Gene