yum clean bug

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Dec 9 17:42:17 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 18:27 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> If yum is so concerned about this "data" safety why is it storing it in
> a filesystem tree specifically reserved for stuff that can be removed
> without notice?
>
> But anyway this was not my point.

I don't see anything in the FHS that says things will come in randomly
and remove stuff w/out notice.  It says that the data should be
re-creatable.  The data is re-creatable.  What more do you want?  All
we're doing is drawing a line on what is acceptable for yum to 'guess'
the user wants.

> >> Guys,
> >> if you don't want to listen to others, and have only abuse to offer, don't
> >> answer questions at all. Why do you think every single yum thread is
> >> degenerating lately ? Every single poster but you is brain-damaged ?
> >
> > The only 'abuse' I see
>
> When people take shots at quotes from a neutral text like the FHS, that
> shows they're only interested in harassing people that disagree with
> Seth, and have nothing to contribute to the discussion itself.
>
> (I imagine it's as embarrassing for Seth as having an "helpful" friend
> yell the sky is green because you're disagreeing with someone who noted
> in the course of his argument the sky is blue)

I'm really sorry you view it as this.  I don't know what to say that
will allow you to see what we're really trying to do, so I won't even
try.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: