yum clean bug

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Dec 9 17:50:38 UTC 2005

Jesse Keating wrote:

> Just because you don't
> agree doesn't mean we're wrong, and vice/versa.

Just because Seth can choose not to do something does not mean he can
redefine /var/cache meaning

>  Why are we still discussing this?

Because you don't want to concede any point, even those on which you're
obviously wrong.

If you want to be consistent (I won't say right or wrong, just
consistent) (re)defining the current contents of /var/cache/yum as data
which must be preserved means moving it to /var/spool/yum.

Which will actually document the fact you want this data to be
persistent, and stop people asking why you're not deleting it when
requested.

--
Nicolas Mailhot